S1 & S2 Art
The S1 and S2 Art and Design courses enable you to explore and extend a wide variety of skills using different media, and based on a range of topics and themes.
- To promote an enquiring, critical and observational approach to the study and practice of art.
- To introduce you to the challenging and varied nature of art, and to the ways in which this can be tackled through a variety of media.
- To help you explore your environment through observational drawing using a variety of media.
- To encourage you to give an individual and emotional response to art and design briefs.
- To enable you to draw, paint, and work in three dimensions to encourage your skills of seeing and manual dexterity.
To select and present effective and well-observed visual information in an organised manner and
show an understanding of:
- line, tone, form, rhythm and composition in drawing;
- colour and colour mixing;
- application of paint, pastel and printmaking;
- mixed-media exploration;
- 3D form and composition using various media such as clay, card and modroc;
- analysis of artists and designers, showing their styles of work and the movements to which they belong, and how they can be influential in the development of your own work;
- evaluation on the basis of argument and discussion, and the creation of and practising of art and design.