The Glasgow Academy Parent Teacher Association is a partnership between parents and teachers to support the whole school community. We are always delighted to hear from parents who would like to help us run events or be committee members or office holders. We encourage parents to get involved, along with teachers from the Prep and Senior Schools, and the Rector, Deputy Rector and Head of Prep School.
The PTA encourages open communication within the school community, arranges social events and raises funds for The Academy.
Meetings are held seven times during the school year and all parents are most welcome to attend.
If you would like to attend or if there are any issues you wish to put before the committee, please contact the PTA on email@example.com at least 10 days prior to a meeting.
All meetings begin at 7pm and are held in the Rector's Study.
PTA event bookings can be made here.
Our events also fund little extras for the children. As a PTA, we do not fund basics such as textbooks. However, we purchase 'extras' and fund experiences for the children. We are delighted to have been able to meet all funding requests made so far this year, and have provided:
- £1350 to Prep School for coding and science equipment
- Funds to hire the Ayawara Dance and Drumming Company, and for decorations and stampers for International Week
- New uniform for the pipe band
- New kit for the senior football team
- £500 donation to S6 for yearbooks
- 4 iPads for Kindergarten
- Cox box for rowing crew
- Herb pots and tomato and chilli plants for the Hospitality department
- Leeds Mechanics Kit for investigations in Newtonian Mechanics for the mathematics department
- 30 inflatable roll mats, 15 Trangia spirit burners and screw cap, 15 Trangia handles, 10 complete Trangia sets and 40 compasses for the outdoor education department/Duke of Edinburgh
- A number of resources for nursery: 12 all-in-one rainsuits, 2 children's tool kits, 6 children's safety glasses, a wood work bench, 6 sets of recordable binoculars, a portable hard drive, 2 memory cards, 2 Go Pro action cameras, a Go Pro chest mount and head strap, and an iPad
- Christmas presents and snacks for the P1, P2 and P3 parties in addition to running the parties
- Christmas presents for the Nursery and Kindergarten Christmas parties
- A pantomime for all children from Nursery to P7
- A new autoclave and centrifuge for the Senior School biology department
- A hard drive, compact camera and camcorder for Cool Kids After-school Care
- Prizes and treats for the P4 medieval banquet
- £200 start-up costs for the newly formed Fairtrade group
- A personal open bus tour of Glasgow for P1
- A trip to Amazonia for P4
- A festive pizza and movie night for S6 to say thank you for all their hard work with us, especially at the winter fayre