Our programme of outdoor education is fundamental to the development of our pupils into successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
The educational value of learning outdoors, although not necessarily measurable, has been obvious to our staff for many years. For that reason we have a tradition of incorporating outdoor education activities into the curriculum, we provide residential experiences at a variety of stages through the school and we encourage trips abroad.
We believe outdoor education and residential experiences provide opportunities for pupils to:
- Develop a idea of themselves in terms of their strengths and weaknesses
- Gain confidence by exploring their limits
- Learn to become independent
- Have been educated in assessing risks
- Have had experiences which provide powerful and enduring memories
- Experience new challenges, new ways of thinking and learning
- See new sides of others.
You can download the Outdoor Education programme for 2016/2017 here.