Dairsie House was founded around 1900. It originally occupied premises in Monreith East under the name of Cathcart and Newlands Private School.
The name was changed to Dairsie House in 1919, when it moved to its current location, at 54 Newlands Road, a leafy residential suburb in south Glasgow.
Set in quiet gardens in a traditional Edwardian villa, the school has an attractive wrought-iron archway which has become a well-known landmark in the area. The arch also forms the heart of the school's identity - a symbolic link with the its past.